Keep the following tips in mind to prevent digital campaigns from turning out to be a financial or reputational disaster.
Top-5 Digital Marketing Campaign Tips to Remember
1. Keep the goals realistic and attainable:
When creating the end-goals of the digital marketing campaign, follow the S.M.A.R.T framework, which stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-bound. So, for example, the end-goal could read something like: “Increase customer engagement by 20% within the next three months with [xyz] campaign.”
Pro tip: Also, make sure to set short- and long-term goals keeping in mind the customer’s needs and the company’s objectives.
2. Understand the target audience to the T, particularly when it comes to social media:
Customers exhibit different behavior online and offline. Therefore, it is critical for the brand’s digital marketing team to understand their target audience in terms of:
- The customer’s likes, dislikes, preferences, pain points, motivations, etc.
- Most viewed channel/platform
- Time and day of engagement with the brand’s posts
Once the brand has a better idea of what the customer wants, they can leverage the insights to inform a compelling and relevant digital marketing strategy. Of course, there is nothing worse than targeting the wrong people, as all that effort will go to waste.
3. Use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) within the digital marketing strategy:
To ensure that customers land up on your social media profiles and boost traffic, brands should focus on integrating SEO best practices within their social media strategy. These include:
- Go local and include state/city details within the URL, title tags, meta description, H1 headings, etc., to attract the local consumers.
- Make sure to curate high-quality content that aligns with the search intent.
- Optimize the images used and the page speed to improve the user’s browsing experience.
- Build an authoritative internal backlinking structure to rank higher on Google’s algorithm.
4. Focus on keeping your website modern, fresh, and user-friendly:
Your website is the gateway to the brand for today’s always-on customers. If you have an outdated-looking website, it can result in customers forming a poor impression of your brand. You need to ensure that the website design is user-friendly, easily navigable, and mobile-friendly. The website should be not only aesthetically pleasing but also functionally useful.
5. Drive effective and value-driven content:
At the heart of a winning digital media strategy lies user-centric and meaningful content. If readers are not extracting real value from your content, the digital marketing strategy is already setting itself up for failure. So focus on creating high-quality content that entertains, engages, and educates your readers.
If you’re looking to create a strategic and ROI-driven digital marketing campaign but don’t know where to begin, Outrageous Digital can help. Connect with our team of digital marketing experts and elevate your brand’s digital presence instead of getting lost within a sea of sameness.