At Outrageous Digital, we know how to get small and medium businesses off the ground so they can reach their goals. If you’re interested in entering the world of digital marketing to promote your cannabis business, here’s how you can get started.
Digital Marketing in the Cannabis Industry
Cannabis is fast becoming one of the hottest industries out there with CBD, medical marijuana, hemp, recreational marijuana—you name it. However, digital marketing within the industry isn’t as easy.
This is largely due to the rules and regulations that surround cannabis advertising online. Although cannabis marketing might be difficult to maneuver in regards to paid social or Google ads, the beauty of digital marketing is that much of it can be done organically with great ROI.
Dominate Search Results with SEO
When looking for a product or service, most people go to a search engine —usually Google—and type in what they need. With the first page of search results accounting for 67% of clicks, your cannabis business needs to make Search Engine Optimization (SEO) a priority.
- Onsite SEO. Google’s ranking factors look at your site’s technical SEO—site architecture, mobile optimization, load speed, and more.
- On-page SEO. This mostly refers to your content and formatting. Focus on creating high-quality content with the right keywords.
- Offsite SEO. Offsite SEO is everything outside your website. This includes listings, guest blogging, social media marketing, etc.
Make the Most of Reputation Management
89% of consumers read reviews before making a purchase decision. Having positive reviews is key to enticing new customers, as well as keeping old customers coming back.
Reputation management is not just a chance to improve your online perception but also allows you to reach out to your customers and build relationships. Good reputation management will allow your business to garner more positive reviews while helping out those with negative reviews. This can help your business gain credibility while converting your brand consumers to brand advocates.
Find Success with Social Media
Social media is one of the trickier aspects of cannabis digital marketing, but it’s critical to attract new customers. 4.48 billion people use social media worldwide, making it a great space to market your cannabis industry.
- Organic reach. Implement a consistent posting schedule, use analytics to see what works, use hashtags, etc.
- Customer service. Have a strategy in place to communicate with your audience, whether they’re asking questions, leaving comments, or just interacting.
- Influencer Marketing. Influencer marketing does wonders for word-of-mouth marketing. However, make sure to find the right influencers whose values align with yours.
- Video Marketing. Video marketing is one of the best tools in your marketing arsenal. If you’re not already using it, it’s time to start.
Digital marketing in the cannabis industry isn’t easy, but you don’t have to do it alone. Outrageous Digital provides all the digital marketing solutions you need to take your business to the next level, so get in touch today!